Today is kinda my first day back at working-from-home, after a long month of travel. Not just travel, it was accompanied with tons of life-altering situations such as – a surgery that made me re-prioritize my life, a class that I attended in Rome that tested my level of vulnerability and courage, new business opportunities, broken friendships and family connections etc.
All of these events have a common thread. They put my trust and faith back in the universe.
They showed me that the universe has our back, always. No matter what.
How would you describe your relationship with the universe?
Ever asked that to yourself? Ever looked at it?
You may think it is weird to know that you have a relationship with the universe. We all do. In fact, it’s one of the most important relationships you’ll ever have. You interact with it every moment of your life, like a gentle symphony. What the universe is capable of gifting you is something you can’t even fathom and it supersedes every other relationship you have on this planet.
The question is – do you trust and believe in this relationship?
If so, are you showing up enough in this relationship?
Are you asking the universe to gift to you?
During every challenging situation I went through that I mentioned above, there came a tipping point where I simply let go of my control and my need to change the situation and asked the universe to support me.
I literally said – “Hey universe, this thing is not working for me anymore. I am so done with this crap. This has to change. NOW. You have 48 hours to give me an awareness of this situation or help me change it. But this is changing!” or at times I would simply ask – “Universe, show me a way to change this now”
Each time I made this DEMAND, surprisingly, within 48 hours the entire situation would transform.
Every. Single. Time.
I am telling you this for a few reasons…
I’ve personally spent many years not trusting the universe. Being in fear, controlling, holding onto things, being miserable etc. But each time the universe has showed me, more so now, that it’s my dearest friend and it’s always there having our backs. Yours and mine. You just have to ASK.
Here are some of the things you can do to develop this relationship with the universe..
- Developing any intimate relationship requires that you be authentic and vulnerable. It’s no different with the universe. Be very vulnerable with the way you connect with it and in asking what is it that you truly desire.
- ASK for what you desire. It’s only when you ask, you receive. When the ASK is accompanied with a total willingness to change something, it WILL change. Always!
- Trust is a crucial element. You may feel things are not going the way you expect them to. But there is always a gift in what shows up in your life. Even if it looks bad. Have that immense trust and faith in you and the universe.
- Let go of control.
- Be super grateful and thankful to the universe. Gratitude always creates more. The more gratitude you show, the more your life will open up to this kind of relationship with the universe.
- Acknowledge. This is even bigger than gratitude. Pay attention to the tiniest of things that go your way or fall in place just for you. The universe is contributing to you. Tune yourself into this. The more you acknowledge it, the stronger the relationship gets.
- Lastly, stop judging you and what the universe is gifting to you.
I’ve heard of massive challenges and changes in many people’s lives recently.
I invite you to keep going. Keep choosing. Keep trusting the universe.
I hope this inspired you, just like it inspired me while I wrote it all down in words!
P.S: Do you have stories of trusting the universe and how it supported you? I would love to hear in the comments below!